The Expert Panel, led by the Faraday Institution Chief Scientist, Peter Bruce, brings the UK's best battery experts together across academia and industry in one organisation. The Expert Panel is the engine of the Faraday Institution, acting formally in an advisory role to the FI Chair and Board.
The Expert Panel:
* scopes future calls for Research Projects;
* contributes to peer reviews;
* refines the research plans with the Principal Investigators of the research projects;
* reviews progress of projects and advises the Director on redeployment of resources between projects;
* mentors researchers;
* draws in researchers currently outside battery research; and
* engages with battery research nationally and internationally.